Zoban's RedSea Max 130

Discussion in 'Show Off Your Fish Tanks!' started by Zoban, Dec 14, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Zoban

Zoban Skunk Shrimp

Figured it was time to post up a Tank thread..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Inhabitants:
    Flame Angel
    B&W Clown
    6 line Wrasse
    Yellow Wrasse
    Purple Firefish
    Mandarin Goby

Blood shrimp
    Blue Leg Hermits
    Red Leg Hermits
    _____ Snails
    Brittle Star

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

4. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

Looks good! The coralline growth looks great. How long has the tank been up? Did you start with bare rock or did it have some coralline on it already? I just set up an RSM 250 last Tuesday. I have some coralline on the cured live rock but I have a long way to go. Right now a couple spaghetti worms are the only things moving in my tank and I’m such a nerd I actually watch them sometimes.

5. Zoban

Zoban Skunk Shrimp

Tank, rock, inhabitants (minus the Mandarin, Wife bought me him) all came as a package deal. Previous owner wanted to travel more etc and thus didn't have time/ability to care for the setup anymore.

One of those right place right time deals :)

Planning to swap over one of my 46gal bows from freshwater in the semi near future.

6. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

Awesome! I would like to set up something custom eventually, but I figured it would be easier to learn with a plug and play set up. I am in awe when I see some of the systems people have built, but I am also a little too intimidated to try it myself just yet.

7. Zoban

Zoban Skunk Shrimp

One of the things to watch for in the RSM is the fans a) that they don't die and b) there are enough of em..

the 130 comes with two in the hood for the light, and has an optional add on in the back for a 3rd.

Had one die in the hood recently so while I had it apart and being the computer and car guy that I am replaced both with CPU fans that matched the size but better fins. Also added two additionals to the hood at the same time.

So now there is the addon fan in the back and 4 fans in the hood.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Zoanthids21

Zoanthids21 McKoscker’s Flasher Wrasse

10. BigJim

BigJim Spaghetti Worm

Thanks for the tip. I definitely know the 250 will get too hot in the summer. I think I will probably have to get a chiller once the weather heats up. I keep my house pretty chilly in the winter so the temps have been stable so far. I'm a computer enthusiuast myself so I have a bunch of extra fans laying around that I could probably rig up to see if that will help before I splurge on a chiller.

11. Zoban

Zoban Skunk Shrimp

Jim.. if you don't have em there already start with fans in the slots to the far left top in the pic pushing air in (where the addon option for the 250 goes) When putting them in take the plug out of the sump/chiller pipe slot (#1) for air out.

When I first setup the 130 here I forgot to plug in the power supply for that option fan and it made a huge difference in temp stability within the first hour or two of connecting it.

Pic of the 250 fiter setup..
    [​IMG]

12. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Looks great, really like the large soft coral as the center pieces. Beautiful fish especially the carnary wrasse.

:)