Zoas not opening :-(

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by macabe, Sep 29, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. macabe

macabe Purple Spiny Lobster

hi guys i got some zoas at the LFS i forgot the name but there a collectors i think idk anyway i have dragon eye zoas to and they are opened like normal and spreading like crazy my frog spawn xenia acropora and everything is allso doing very well so idk if there just going thrue a faze or sumthing they where eaten a few weeks ago bye zoa eating nudiebranches but the ones that are left witch is what i got now have ben opening fine, till yestorday my parameters are.

salinity is 1.024

PH is 8.2

calcium is 460

alk is normal it ses witch is 1.8

nitrites 0

ammonia 0

I dont got any uther kits yet if anywon has ideas of what is going on plz let me now if no one nows then ill see what happens i allso did a waterchange just incase i payed 70$ for them but its not about money just wanan make sure they dont suffer.

2. Click Here!

3. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

periods, commas, spell check... all these things would be nice... this isn't a game forum dude.

pull out a magnifying glass and look for more nudi's. how did you resolve the nudi issue to begin with?

if it wasn't for that existing problem... I would say zoa's just close up sometimes... though mine don't usually stay closed for more than an hour, if that long...

4. salsalito25

salsalito25 Stylophora

Pending how new the Zoa's are to your tank.. they may take a day or so to open up... I have purchased Zoa's from a LFS and it took like 3 days for them to fully open...

BEst of luck...

5. macabe

sry idk rly where to poot periods and commas idk how to use spell check eather :-( well i foudn nudi egg sacks on teh bottom of teh rock so i pulles them off and crushed it and threw it away But i do not think it was them im allmost pasative it was thes 2 conch snails i had they woad go over them and i think they where eating them they Only came out at night to so i killed them allso but there not beign eatan anymore they just wotn open

6. macabe

Allso i do have flatworms but they arnt evan on them.

7. ontop27

ontop27 Ritteri Anemone

just thought id add my two sense haha. Misspelled words show up with a red underline. You can just right click the word and it will fix it.

8. Click Here!

9. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

Spell check is simple. As you type, poorly spelled words get underlined in red. right click them and pick the appropriately spelled word.

little tip... I don't generally respond (i.e. help) posts that are this difficult to read... you'll get better help if you better articulate.

good luck

10. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

last response I'm giving on this thread...

11. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

I really think you guys need to relax, the kid is 14 years old! Hes on here just looking for some help, NO NEED TO BASH HIM!!! Just answer his questions, if you cant read it or wanna be rude THEN MOVE ONE TO THE NEXT POST!!!

12. drtybngwtr

drtybngwtr Astrea Snail

ya seriously...who the f*** cares?