Zoas and ALK

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by Ford101, Nov 28, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ford101

Ford101 Fire Shrimp

Has anyone noticed that their zoas wont really open with a DKH of 8.0? I raised it up to 9.0 and noticed way better polyp extension immediately... Just wondering since i thought 8.0 was decent and my LPS and SPS were just fine.

2. Click Here!

3. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

I keep my dKH around 10 or so in my tank and my zoo's are fully open, they also seem to do better when I change my water 20% every 14 days as apposed to weekly smaller (10%) changes.

Side note - Are on you the Del-Val board Ford?

4. Ford101

Ford101 Fire Shrimp

Thanks for the input, and indeed I am. I need to be more active on it though, its been awhile.

5. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

Lots of good info and some really cool people. Not that 3reef isn't a great board, just nice to meet local people. How bigs your tank?

6. dienerman

dienerman Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

Can you PM me info on the del-val club...not to hijack the thread....

7. Ford101

Ford101 Fire Shrimp

75 gal Display with 40 breeder sump. 6 Bulb T5 Lighting, Reef Octopus 150 Skimmer, Mag Drive 12 return, roughly 60lbs of live rock, 2 mp10s. Fuge thats got a whole bunch of macro algaes. Its a little over 1 month old. Have lots of softies (ricordeas, zoas, xenia, gsp), frogspawn, and a pink monti cap. 1 clown and 1 yellow tail damsel for now but a small yellow tang will be next. What about you?

8. Click Here!

9. Mrhighline

Mrhighline Fire Shrimp

2 tanks. 24g JBJ nano cube. And a 29g "frag" tank. 24g has a bw occ clown, firefish and a skunk cleaner shrimp. 29g will house a royal gramma I'm picking up. I have a JBJ build thread here I think?