Zoanthid and Kenya Tree Help.

Discussion in 'Coral' started by KDtrey5, Jul 31, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. KDtrey5

KDtrey5 Coral Banded Shrimp

So I bought a small zoanthid colony and a small kenya tree coral frag. I drip acclimated my zoanthid and just slowly added water to acclimate my kenya tree. Right when I put my zoanthids in they opened up and my Kenya tree never opened. It has been a day now and my kenya tree still hasnt opened. Any idea for why this is happening? Also I was watching my zoanthis and I noticed thin brown lines coming out of the zoanthids mouth. They come out, then fall off the zoanthid and go will the flow of my tank. What is this? are these just zoanthid turds??? Please Help!

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

The zoanthids are expelling waste.
    Not unusual for Kenya tree to stay closed for a couple days.
    Neither of these corals need prolonged drip acclimation. A simple acclimation to temp and SG (as long as all other parameters are within normal range) is fine. It's not going to hurt to do the drip, but not needed. Zoanthids are sometimes shipped moist in damp newspaper, and kenya tree is very hardy.

If they do not come around please post images and the basic water chemistry.

4. KDtrey5

KDtrey5 Coral Banded Shrimp

Yea, when the zoanthid takes a dump, lol, it gets a little shriveled up and just doesnt look good. Is this normal?

5. zoo 4 life

zoo 4 life Coral Banded Shrimp

If you need more kenyan tree, let me know! It grows like a weed in my tank! I have to prune it every so often to keep if from overtaking the tank! Soon you will be giving it away![​IMG]