Zoa Polyp Fell Off

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by omgiv, Sep 30, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Hi Guys,

I had a zoa polyp fall off of from the colony yesterday and didn't think this was normal, but thought I would ask. This is the second one that I have seen. The first was on the backside of the rock and probably wasn't getting much light. I noticed today that the polyp itself is open on the sand, so I don't think it is dead. What should I do with it? I have been looking out for a nudibranch or spider but haven't seen anything or signs of one. My pulsing xenia has fallen down next to them but I am going to glue the xenia today. I was just waiting to see if they were happy in their placement. If anyone could tell me if falling polyps is a sign of something or what I could do with it, that would be great.

My parameters were great the last time I tested them but plan on running the full gamut today. Thanks!!!!

Regards,
    Ivy

2. Click Here!

3. oceanparadise1

oceanparadise1 Fire Squid

Glue it to a piece of rubble, think of it as the colony fragged it self for ya!

4. omgiv

omgiv Coral Banded Shrimp

Thanks!!! That is exactly what I will do.

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

This is funny because I just had a zoa polyp fall of a small rock I had it on. The rock fell in a crevice and got stuck, so I needed to take it out and the polyp fell off in the process, luckily I was able to blow it out of the crevice and glued it to a piece of rock. Hopefully it will survive and open up.