Zoa placement question

Discussion in 'Coral' started by TenUhC, Jul 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TenUhC

TenUhC Astrea Snail

I have bought some zoas and palys from a online frag seller. They are my first of these. I like to color they can add to a aquarium. 3 of them came on 1 inch square pieces of ceramic tile and 1 frag came on a round ceramic frag disc(No stalk). My question is how and where do I mount these. I am not a big fan on the white tile pieces. I have been told to put those pieces on or near where I want them and let them grow off than use the original zoas and palys on the tile as the first frag to sell. Also the frags are on large mounds of superglue between the frag and the tile. Should I try to separate them from the tiles? Any help would be great, Thanx.

2. Click Here!

3. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

you could try to seperate but I would first acclamate them before stressing them further. when you see some growth cut or pull off tile and place where you want them. they will grow fast. good luck

4. ReefSparky

ReefSparky Super Moderator

Sorry no specific advice for ya here, but whatever you do, make sure you wear gloves and eye protection when dealing with these corals. The toxins could put you in a world of misery.

5. TenUhC

TenUhC Astrea Snail

Yea +1 on the toxins. You should have seen me with my bio suit just getting them out of the shipping box, LOL. Also they have been on a little shelf in my tank for a week. How much acclimmating do you suggest?

6. Daniel072

Daniel072 Giant Squid

once they grow out you'll never see the tile

7. jzenob

jzenob Coral Banded Shrimp

use a razor blade and pop the corals of the frag disk...then get yourself some superglue gel and put that on the rock where you want your coral to be and watch it grow all over your rock without that ugly frag disk