Zoa Help

Discussion in 'Coral' started by btcole333, Aug 23, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. btcole333

btcole333 Feather Duster

I got this one at the LFS yesterday and it was at the bottome of a shallow tank. They opened real big at the LFS. I put the zoa half way up in my 29 gallon nano and its not opening up like it was at the LFS. Should I put it lower?

Lighting
    [​IMG]

What it looks like.
    [​IMG]

Where it is in the tank
    [​IMG]

2. Click Here!

3. sharoleb

sharoleb Bristle Worm

I had some button polyps for a while. IMHO they will live anywhere in the tank. I ran out of room at one point and put the whole rock in the sump (which works great because they eat like pigs so would filter out a ton of stuff.) The accidentally went without light for over a week, and were just fine. I recommend not moving them, but letting them adjust where they are. Maybe give them a little food, I'm sure they will perk right up.

4. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I always place new corals on the sand bed at first when I introduce them to my aquarium. This allows them to get used to your params and your lighting. You also have to remeber that the LFS most likely had a different lighting set up then you do with different colors bulbs possibly. Corals react differently to different kelvin ratings and different kinds of lighting. It also has to acclimate to your aquarium as well which could take a day or two.

5. btcole333

btcole333 Feather Duster

I have never fed any of my corals. How do I go about that and what do i feed them?

6. btcole333

btcole333 Feather Duster

Thats kinda what I was thinking. Thanks!

7. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

they will eat NLS pellets.