Zoa can kill?

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Mkizla, Jul 10, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Great I handled a big piece of it, when I added one to my tank.. I feel fine. Just ordered shoulder high gloves...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

my rules for handling my tank(which havent let me down yet) are don't eat anything from the tank and wear eye protection when fragging.

Oh one more rule, don't drink skimmate for anything less then 1000 dollars on a bet.

4. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

Good ol' morgantown, WV petco. I go there to visit a few friends that work there (they know what they are doing), to find the new people, and see how much bs they will try to feed me. I also like asking them easy questions that anyone working in the fish department of a petstore should know. I would prefer an IDK over a lie.

Anyway, I have also fragged, handled, and accidentally popped palys. I have only rinsed my hands after fragging and handing palys/zoas. However, I always wash my hands after I find a way to somehow pop one. I have yet to see any ill effects. Like inwall said, there are more common dangers out there than palytoxin. Best way to prevent this from happening is to purchase gloves, wash hands after handling, and don't taste the coral.

5. ChrisBs

ChrisBs Purple Spiny Lobster

im to scared to do a water change thanks guys :D

6. Mkizla

Mkizla Eyelash Blennie

lol, yeah I would of never known if i didnt do any research about them, I guess thats why we use 3reef, thank god we have this forum or i probably would of been hospitalized or dead lol