Zetlight ZP3300 Unboxing

Discussion in 'LED Aquarium Lighting' started by ktz216, Dec 10, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. averageguys

averageguys Banned

Those actually look really cool. Like the concept of smaller LEDs on the outside and a chip in the middle.

2. Click Here!

3. ktz216

ktz216 Flamingo Tongue

Thanks, Matt. Yep, a US plug!

4. ktz216

ktz216 Flamingo Tongue

I finally have time to test out the light over my tank.
    Here's what I think, so far.The LED's are preset with a fixed brightness at certain settings. It could not be manually dimmed with an potentiometer, which would allow you to tweak how you want your blue and white LED's to look. The blue LED's doesn't look very bright at setting 5 (of 9 settings). However, the blue LED's is pretty bright at setting 9 (max). Under daylight mode, it seems like only the blue LED's could be adjusted. The two daylight LED's could not be adjusted; unless that option is available further into the setting options. I'll have to play around more with the light to see. I also like the smart fan. It turns on when the light gets hot and turns off when the light is cooled down. For a tank my size (75 gallon), I would need two of these light fixtures. Depending on the price when they are available in the US, I might pickup another one for my 75 gallon. For now, this one LED fixture is not enough. This light will probably go on my shallow reef tank.

I didn't want to go through the hassle of hanging up the light fixture, so I used the mounting brackets that was included when testing out this fixture. If the light fixture was hung instead of resting on the tank, the light would be more dispersed and cover more area in the tank.

Here are some pics:

Moonlight at setting 5.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Moonlight at setting 9 (maximum).
    [​IMG]

Daylight at setting 1 (of 9 settings)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daylight at setting 3.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daylight at setting 6.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Daylight at setting 9 (maximum).
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A shot from top part of the tank to bottom of tank.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm testing out the mini-LED over a nano planted tank with some red cherry shrimps. More plants will be added.
    [​IMG]

5. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Thanks for the excellent review! Those details are informative about the presets. And I agree - from the pics it looks like you would need two for the length of your tank. The depth does not appear to be a problem. The color looks nice from what I can see here. Did you leave it on for any length of time? I am curious how your corals reacted. Thanks again!
    matt

6. ktz216

ktz216 Flamingo Tongue

Matt, I've only tested the light over the tank for about 30 minutes. I couldn't leave it on longer, because one light is not enough for the whole tank. I don't have another light for the right side of the tank. I'm going to put this light on my shallow reef for now and see how my corals react.

7. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Gotcha. Look forward to that. Thanks for the informative pics and details all the same.

8. Click Here!

9. oyf709

oyf709 Bristle Worm

The 2x 35W is suppose for a deeper tank and want you to hang it higher . However, you are right on, it will need 2 fixtures to set up your tank.