ZEOvit

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Jason McKenzie, Aug 22, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

PMed you.

Thanks for look'n out for me

J

2. Click Here!

3. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

If your a member over on the zeo forum look at member "My2girls" before and after Zeo thread.

Light coral should be easier to deal with. Get more fish and feed heavy.

4. Jason McKenzie

Actually That thread is one of the threads that made me take the plunge. Lightening of corals alway scared me but once I read the entire thread and all the linked threads from that, I was happy with the explanations made.

J

5. Covey

Covey Scooter Blennie

I brought it up but I am not a zeo member. If you have the link could you link to it as I can't find it any more and would like to read the rest of it.

6. Jason McKenzie

Ya Here is the link this is a Thread on ZEOvit.com
    It talks alot about what Gresham has mensioned, some of the concerns that have been found with the ZEOvit system washing out SPS colours.

7. Dador

Dador Coral Banded Shrimp

I'm considering Prodibio. Does anyone know if the kit is necessary of will the reef boost once a week do the trick?

8. Click Here!

9. Jason McKenzie

I have no clue on Prodibio

J

10. Scott Osborne

Scott Osborne Feather Duster

I have run all the prodibio additives. The only one I still use is Reefbooster. Some of you guys on RC might remember my two million page long thread on it over there. I know that the other person (Melev) that was majorly invovled with it doesn't dose anything anymore. Infact many people who started on it in the thread eventually stopped. It like ZEO is hard to control. You really need to be on top of things to balance it out. Iwan's tank was the reason I tried it. The thing was when you ask him how he dosed he would reply "I just look at the tank and add what I think it needs" This was almost immpossible to duplicate.

I would tend to think that if your going to use a bac system you might as well dive into ZEOvit. The user base is much more established and many more questions have been answered.

I use the opposite system. The pappone method. Which favors high Calc DkH levels and tons of feeding using Amino Acids to generate a hyper feeding response. Some in that method even dose HGH! Not me. Its illegal in the US.

Prodibio is kinda like a ZEOVit for dummies system. Its sort of similar.

1 person likes this.