ZeoVit Package

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Siddique, Jan 16, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

I'm interested in starting a zeo vit system. on my 125gal... im soon upgrading to a 350gal tho.
    I'm changing over the tank to a SPS tank this yr.
    I will be using my current system lighting etc. 3x250w mh. 15,000K bulbs.
    This whole zeovit thing is confusing me a little...I don't exactly know what different additives to buy. I'l try to do some more reading up on it in the interim.
    Is it a good idea to get into it?
    Who here on 3reef uses a zeoVit system? What are my alternatives to ZeoVit?
    Should I just add amino acids rather than getting into the whole ZeoVit? I'm already running BioPellets in a reactor 24/7 and RowaPhos on occasion.
    I don't dose anything else. And i'm getting my ca reactor within the month.

2. Click Here!

3. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

From what I understand, zeovit are biopellets. Is there more to the zeovit system than that?

4. malac0da13

malac0da13 Torch Coral

I read up a little bit about it and realized quickly that there is a lot involved in it. I think there are zeovit specific forums that have a lot of experts that would be better suited to answer questions and help get you set up

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

If you want the scoop on zeovit

ZeoVit Basic Information (FAQ) - zeovit.com

This is where you need to look.

Personally I think it gets a little complicated. Love the colors of the corals to a certan degree, but after awhile the tanks kind of all look the same to me.

6. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

Ok great. I will do some more reading on that forum.
    If it becomes too complicated, I will not bother about it.
    But what's your take on amino acids?

7. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

I used Brightwells amino acid for about 3 months, intially I noticed a increase in color of the sps but it never really went anywhere after that and I had a cyanobacteria bloom. Related or not I do not know but I stopped the amino acids and the cyano went away fortunately.

Right now I am interested in the addition of both potassium and vitamin c. Not currently doing it but checking it out and see if I want to give it a try.

I have seen some great tanks and good results to all corals in zeovite systems. It just seem like a lot of work and it is something you have to continue to do. It also seem expensive to me as well.

I see the attraction to it, you can play with the colors and you get an idea of what to add in what amount just by judging the colors of your corals. Basically it is chemistry and thats cool, seems pretty popular in the United Kingdom.

1 person likes this.
  8. Click Here!

9. Siddique

Siddique Dragon Wrasse

So i did some reading and testimonials and from the looks of it, I'd need to drop out of school and become a stay at home ZeoVit doser.:cheesy:
    I may just use Amino Acids and thats still just a big MAYBE.
    Thanks for the help though;)

1 person likes this.
  10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

no but I think they both are a form of carbon dosing tho, zeo system also is more complicated then just carbon dosing I think.
    The amino acids probably won't help that much unless your system is extrodinarily clean like in the zeo system.

zeovit system walks a fine line. Done right it can actually have the water so clean the corals begin to suffer.

11. pink4miss

pink4miss Panda Puffer

after researching this zeovit it seems like its a form of bio pellets and carbon dosing together. i did consider using their coral food and amino acids, but i will just stick with the brightwells line of products.
    i have read that when running bio pellets ( which falls into low nutrient system) you should be checking your potassium. this company even talks about it. Potassium | Thrive Aquatics
    wish this company had a larger line of products. i would like to try them.