ZEOvit Nano Power Package questions

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Magnett2, Jul 29, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Magnett2

Magnett2 Coral Banded Shrimp

I was thinking about gettin this. I heard some good things and would love a pop in color. Any users agree?

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

while I don't have personal experience, I believe it only works on ultra clean systems. so unless you use zeolite or maybe biopellets it won't work.

4. Magnett2

5. Magnett2

It seems that the main purpose of zeolite and biopellets is phos and nitrate reduction. Is it nessecary if I already have undetectable levels?

6. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

There is a really nice tank thread on here from last year of a user that had a Zeo system running. Beautiful colors...however, if I remember correctly, his monthly maintenance of Zeo products was like $50+, plus you have to dose multiple things daily, and sometimes more than once daily. I too thought about trying a Zeo tank, but the cost is too high for me when I can get similar results using vodka/biofuel/pellets and a regular maintenance schedule.

7. Magnett2

yeah. I thought I could just dose it. Thats ok then. I just want some cool colors to come through. Some of my frags just arent that colorful.

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

no but you should compare your testing methods, most people with the zeo systems are testing for levels below 1 ppm nitrate and .1 phosphate.
    So certain kits like api don't go down to that level, so a undetectable on a API isn't equal to one on something like salifert.