YWG compatible with orange spot goby?

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by twelvebeer, Jun 13, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. twelvebeer

twelvebeer Spaghetti Worm

would a YWG get along with a orange spotted goby? [FONT=&quot]I have a pistol shrimp/YWG in my 14g tank but I would like to get rid of the small tank and just concentrate all my time on my 65g. I would like to put the pair in the 65. [/FONT]

2. Click Here!

3. Astrick117

Astrick117 Stylophora

I believe that would be enough room* that they wouldn't be aggressive toward each other. The main concern is that they are territorial towards the same species and with a small tank they have no choice but to be right on top of one another.

edit: *I mean in the 65 of course

Last edited: Jun 13, 2012
  4. Toallhisdoom

Toallhisdoom Dragon Wrasse

i have read gobys can be pretty territorial and aggressive to other similar fish. I would be careful trying this in such a small tank. But you might be ok with the 65.

5. NanaReefer

NanaReefer Fu Manchu Lion Fish

IMO that tank would be to small to house them both. Burrowing Gobys are very territorial. I have one 2 1/2" Tangaroa goby who owns the entire left side of my tank. He bothers no one except for the Mandarin who simply swims anywhere near him and it's on!