Yuma Help!!!

Discussion in 'New To The Hobby' started by Los1980, Feb 9, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Los1980

Los1980 Purple Spiny Lobster

I left the Yuma on the gravel almost under a rock and has been fine. Unfortunately when i tried to break the frag in half i also tore the yuma. Will it be ok? right near the mouth there is a hole :( i was so upset....

2. Click Here!

3. 2in10

2in10 Super Moderator

If your water quality is good it should be OK. It may split or it may heal up. If it appears to be melting remove it immediately it could cause problems for other ricordea in your tank.

4. Los1980

it's the only piece of coral i have. I hope it splits and grows nicely! Thanks for the reply. my tank is only a month and a week old so I have not added much of anything just the Yuma, two clowns a royal gramma and my CUC

5. BTowned

BTowned Peppermint Shrimp

the best way to get a yuma to attach is to let it grab hold on it's own. I've lost yumas from gluing. Just get one of those breeder containers, and place a bunch of rubble on the bottom, and drop it in. Because the flow is so restricted, that yuma should attach in a weeks time.
    [​IMG]

I used calcium reactor media, but rubble works as well once it attaches, then glue the rubble onto whatever you want...
    [​IMG]

6. Los1980

awesome pics....Mine was glued to a plug with a algae garden. There is another LFS i go to but its not really local its a good 35 min ride with no traffic. They have all their frags on pieces of rock. I bought a lobo and a zoa today small frags attached to a small piece of live rock. I have bought 3 quarter sized frags so far because everything in my tank is small. I'd like to watch it all grow. You know my skimmer doesn't pick up any gunk nor does it really bubble. Until I dropped a cube of frozen food which NO ONE in the tank even picked at did the skimmer start to bubble and turned a bit brown. I guess my tank has almost nothing producing waste is this possibly why my skimmer never bubbles gunk?