You're Invited! Club Meeting & Demo Day #2

Discussion in 'Marine Depot' started by MarineDepot, Mar 6, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. MarineDepot

MarineDepot 3reef Sponsor

Aquarium Club Meeting & Demo Day #2

MarineDepot.com is hosting the March 2013 meeting for the Southern California Marine Aquarium Society (SCMAS) Friday, March 15th at MD Headquarters in Garden Grove, CA. SCMAS is a thriving marine aquarium club based here in Orange County and the masterminds behind the world’s largest aquarium show, Reef-A-Palooza.

Since SCMAS meetings are open to non-members, we thought we’d invite 3reef members to the meeting! Aquarium clubs are a great way to connect with a fun group of people who share your passion for saltwater tanks.

Doors open at 6:30 pm and close at 9:30 pm. Entry to the event is FREE—we look forward to seeing you!

MarineDepot.com
    14271 Corporate Drive
    Garden Grove, CA 92843

We’re still finalizing the evening’s festivities, but here’s what we have planned thus far:

SPEAKERS
    • Aviad Ben-Zekry of Red Sea will be giving a presentation about Red Sea’s Reef Care Program.
    • Ike Eigenbrode of Ecoxotic will be giving a presentation about stunning aquariums lit with LED lighting.

PRODUCT DEMOS/DISPLAYS
    • AquaIllumination Vega Color LED Light with The New AI Controller
    • EcoTech Marine Radion XR30w Pro LED Light
    • Innovative Marine 38-Gallon Mini Nuvo Aquarium
    • Innovative Marine MiniMax All-In-One Media Reactors
    • Tunze Waterproof LED Light Fixtures
    • Reef Octopus DC Protein Skimmer
    • Reef Octopus Bio-Churn Biopellet Reactor
    • Evolution Aqua PURE Marine
    • Tunze Comline Wavebox 6208
    • Bubble Magus Curve 5 Protein Skimmer
    • AquaMaxx Nano Star Calcium Reactor and more!

WILL CALL AFTER HOURS
    • Call 1-800-566-FISH (3474) by noon PST on 3/15 to place an order you can pick up the evening of the meeting. Avoid paying pesky shipping costs on items like sand, salt mix or frozen foods.

PRODUCT TESTING
    • Algae Magnet Test Drive: Where else can you test all of the top algae magnet brands before you buy? Try out the Mag-Float, NanoMag, Algae Free, Flipper, Magnavore and Tunze to see how they “handle.”
    • Algae Scrapers Test Drive: Continuum AquaBlade and Kent Marine ProScraper II

DOOR PRIZES
    • The first 75 hobbyists to arrive will receive a FREE bottle of Seachem Laboratories Reef Dip.
    • If you wear a MarineDepot.com T-Shirt to the event, you will receive a FREE container of Seachem Laboratories NutriDiet Marine Flakes.

CORAL AUCTION
    • We will auction off 5 awesome corals from the new MarineDepotLive.com and donate the proceeds to SCMAS, a 501(c) non-profit organization.

SCMAS CLUB RAFFLE
    • SCMAS will be selling raffle tickets to attendees for opportunities to win some very cool stuff (proceeds going to the club) including an Ecoxotic EcoPico 5-Gallon Desktop Aquarium, an Aqua Illumination (AI) Vega LED Light Fixture, some gear from JBJ, aquarium livestock and more!

FREE FOOD & DRINKS
    • We’re going to have beverages and snacks to keep you energized for the evening’s festivities. You can count on a table full of unhealthy yet delicious items like pizza, sandwiches, sweets, soda and water.

VIEW PHOTOS FROM OUR LAST CLUB MEETING & DEMO DAY

Last edited: Mar 6, 2013
  2. Click Here!

3. MarineDepot

4. Vizzle1717

Vizzle1717 Coral Banded Shrimp

Hello MarineDepot! this is very cool that you are on 3reef. This event looked awesome and I wish I could have gone but I live on the East Coast :(

I want to ask how marinedepotlive.com is doing? The prices are a bit high with the cost/fear of shipping coral, do you agree?

5. MarineDepot

MarineDepotLive.com

Thanks! It was a pretty fun event and we hope to do another soon.

The relaunch of MarineDepotLive.com last month has been pretty smooth so far, thanks for asking! We listened to feedback from hobbyists after we went live with site and subsequently lowered prices across the board up to 65%. We feel our prices are more competitive now and haven't heard complaints since the price drop but you're welcome to let us know of any particular pieces you think may be too high.

We're really striving to provide unique, healthy animals and world class customer support. We understand that may make our prices a bit higher, but it's important to us to support our customers if/when unfavorable circumstances occur.

6. Vizzle1717

You are my go-to when it comes to all things aquarium!! I will go back and look at the prices, because I had not done so since the first fews days of the re-launch.

Like me, you may have scared a few people away with those initial prices :-/ .... but if they are now reasonable than it will only be a matter of time before you are the #1 supplier of not only equipment, but livestock as well :)

7. MarineDepot

Thanks, Vizzle1717! To be honest, our goal is more modest than being the #1 supplier of livestock (although we definitely want to be #1 with aquarium supplies ;)). We just really enjoy collecting corals and Southern California is a hotspot for awesome livestock. We want to share the coolest stuff we find with the rest of the country. We don't plan on carrying every sort of fish or coral on the market, we just want to carry the very best. We think there's enough space in the market for another player; hopefully folks begin to discover the great stuff we have available and share the good word with friends and family. ;D

8. Click Here!

9. Vizzle1717

Very modest indeed !! and yes, it would be tough to keep up with O.R.A and that 500,000 million gallons of seawater :)

But what I have always enjoyed the most about MarineDepot.com, compared to places like O.R.A, is your customer service !! As long as you transfer that aspect of your business over to the livestock department, all will work out just fine.

P.S. I have also sought you out on Facebook through my official page. If you, or someone you know, runs your Facebook page, could you have them contact me please :). thanks again for being the best

10. MarineDepot

You're speaking to the person who runs the Facebook page. ;) What's up?

11. Vizzle1717

lol that's great !!

I run a growingly succesful page on Facebook called "Nano reef aquarium" where our members are always having discussion about reef related products and livestock.

I could show you our numbers for this last week, where we have had over 5,500 people "talking" about the page. As you know, it wont change in our Facebook page's headline numbers until later this week....

.....but that is more than any other reefing page on all of Facebook (from the research I've done) !!! More than companies like O.R.A, LiveAquaria, JBJ, Hydor, Tunze, and key hobbyists like NewYorkSteelo and Mr. Saltwaterfishtank.

Basically I like you guys so much I'm trying to give you some advertisement opportunity if you are interested, by tagging your name in many of my posts that feature your products or by also tagging your name in conversations about equipment and lastly, I could promote your sale banners and other events on my page as well.

To continue a conversation please feel free to message me personally on here, or most preferably, through the Facebook page located here:::::: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Nano-reef-aquarium/210093599034016

Thanks for your time MD.com. you guys rock

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  12. MarineDepot

Thank you so much for your loyalty and offer of support. It sounds like you'd like us to sponsor your group in some way. Please contact our marketing department with pricing and details and we'll see if we can make something happen. Generally the way sponsorships work for us is we'll see what we have as far as budget goes around November of each year so we can plan for the following year. Occasionally we'll drop a sponsorship if it's not performing as well as we'd hoped and those funds become available to try something new. We have a little bit of $ to experiment with now, so you're welcome to contact our marketing team to see about teaming up.

Best wishes,