your veiw on this MH bulb

Discussion in 'Metal Halide Aquarium Lighting' started by geologeek, Dec 24, 2005.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

i found this bulb, and wondered if anyone has an opinion on it?

the only others i can get are arcadia (too pricey!) or iwasaki if thats how it is spelt....but i dont trust their kelvin ratings from what i have read....

anyhows heres the link

http://www.firstlightdirect.com/images/hitde250810.pdf

merry christmas to all

levi

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

Levi,
    It looks liek a good bulb to me. 10K should be a nice white bulb, German made,
    doubled ended. I can't tell if its hqi or not. It looks like it has a real nice spectral distribution also. Nice peak at 420nm. Merry Christmas to you.

Jim

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Iwasaki do have strange kelvin ratings at least the bulb I have - 50k when it's really like 14k. However they do have high PAR ratings. ;) :)

That bulb you found looks pretty nice. I think it's HQI, I think most double ended bulbs are.

5. geologeek

geologeek Fire Worm

thanks for the input...the iwasaki bulbs i can get are 10k or 20k so if the 50k is that far out what will the others be! i think i will go for this as they are similar prices.

hope you all did not pig out too much on the turkey...i can hardly move now!

levi