your opinions on what to do with these fish

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by LCP136, Feb 14, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

So last week I added a tiger sleeper to my tank. My ocellaris killed it even though my LFS said it would be fine. Also, I've been hearing that my six line might start to eat shrimp. Should I get rid of these out of my 90 reef to avoid aggression to new additions. I fear that this will become a pattern.

ALSO...

This is my 1000th post on 3reef;D. Thanks guys for helping me through 1000 posts of 3reef. I can't believe I've already posted so much. I should get a hobby or something;D;D.

2 people like this.
  2. Click Here!

3. BorntoReef

BorntoReef Fire Worm

how long have you had your aquarium?

4. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Its been up for 7 months. Really in this case however, the length of time the aquarium has been up doesn't play much of a role. It's more about the temperaments and habits of various fish species.

5. GuitarMan89

GuitarMan89 Giant Squid

I've never heard of six lines eating shrimp, so I wouldn't be too worried about that. Are you just worried that any new addition the clown will attack again?

1 person likes this.
  6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

never hear of the sixlines attacking shrimp, if there starving maybe. you could loss the ocellaris if you want ive never been a fan of nemo lol.

now guitars ocellaris looks like a badass

7. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

Guy at my LFS said that he's seen big six lines be brought in for attacking molting shrimp. I, however, think that the six lines just have a bad reputation for some aggression and are blamed for it wrongly.

8. Click Here!

9. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

fish may go after them if they are molting, but this isn't normal from a behavoir point of view for fish labeled invert safe, especially for a sixline. i might expect it from a a psuedochromis or a fish that has a big mouth but not from one that looks like its mouth is couldn't open enough to eat a earthworm

1 person likes this.