Your opinion?

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by yptozmy, Dec 21, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

Hey guys,

I need your opinion on something, please feel free to let me know what you think.

Today, 2 more of my fish (3 in total) died from Ich. After doing countless water changes for weeks and raising temperature, I decided to tear down and bring up tank again.

Right now, my tank has been up for about 2 hours. My question is this: Before I ripped down my tank, I saved my 2 clown fish and 1 leather coral, when can I put them back, and is it even safe to put them back, considering they have a little bit of Ich?

In a nutshell, my question is, does Ich fall off fish in a new tank?

Thanks

2. Click Here!

3. jonjonwells

jonjonwells Great Blue Whale

It takes 6 weeks for all ich in the tank to die after being fishless.

If your fish has ich when you put it back in the tank, then you are doing no good.

Get a hospital tank and medicate for 6 weeks, then reintroduce into your DT.

4. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

I tore down my entire tank, took out all the water and added new substrate....

I just want to know is it okay to put ich infected fish back in right now or just try to cure them first?

5. johnmaloney

johnmaloney 3reef Sponsor

cure them first, or you didn't do anything the second you put them back in, other than to contaminate the new sand/LR

6. yptozmy

yptozmy Bristle Worm

Alright I guess I can lower salinity.

7. coylee_17

coylee_17 Fire Goby

Can you get a small tank from somewhere to set up a medical tank where you can treat them? Won't tank much, small tank, heater and air stone or small powerhead. Then you can treat with some meds and not hurt any bacteria or anything in the main tank.

8. Click Here!

9. unclejed

unclejed Whip-Lash Squid

The leather coral should not be treated with the fish, it must be kept seperate. I would see if LFS will baby sit for you as it will be a couple to 3 mos. down the road before you want to put it in a cycling tank.