Your opinion

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by Tyslin, Jun 3, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Tyslin

Tyslin Feather Duster

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to get some opinions on bulbs. I have a current usa 48" 2x250W-MH, 4xT5 hood, with a M138 pulse start ballast. I am looking to replace my bulbs, just the MH bulbs. I currently have 2 14K pacific 250W-MH bulbs. I like the look it gives the tank, but they seem very bright. I want a more blueish look to my tank, but not too blue. I was wondering if anyone can give me some suggestions on what bulbs will give me a high ppfd and blueish tint to the tank,..based on the type of ballast I have. Opinions are appreciated.

2. Click Here!

3. Crimson Ghost

Crimson Ghost Blue Ringed Angel

14K is pretty darn blue (too blue for me - I use 10K)

if you want more than move up to 15K. I currently use three 250 watt Aqualines's and swap them out every 6 months. I was using the XM's for a little while as I found them sharper but they seemed to yellow rather quickly - I do not find this to be case with the Aqualines. So there's my opinion.

I have messed around with two 10K's on the sides and one 15K in the center....didn;t look bad, but I already have 384 watts of actinic PC running - so I am all 10K at this point.

4. Tyslin

Tyslin Feather Duster

Thanks Crimson I appreciate your reply. Anyone else, others are welcomed.