Your opinion on my timing cycle

Discussion in 'Reef Lighting' started by hankblas, Sep 27, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. hankblas

hankblas Plankton

Hi, I have a coralife PC fixture with a 65 watt 10000k daylight bulb, a 65watt true actinic bulb and two lunar blue led lights. Can anyone one suggest a timing cycle to have the lights simulate a normal day from dawn till dusk i currenly have the the moonlights on till 8:30AM with the actinic bulb coming on at 8:30 and then the 10000k bulb coming on at 9:00AM then the 10000k light shuts off at 9:00pm then the actinic bulb turns off at 9:30pm with the moonlights coming on at the same time. Will this cycle work for a reef tank or should i change it up

2. Click Here!

3. Diver_1298

Diver_1298 Eyelash Blennie

It sound sgood to me. You can shorten the cycle if you need to.
    It's not absolutely necessary to have the main lights on for 12 hours unless you want. :)

Jim

4. antonio101

antonio101 Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Yes that will do fine.

5. Otty

Otty Giant Squid

How long do most people run their antinic in a 24 hour cycle. I have my lunars on for 12 hours then 1 hour of antinic with 8 hours of daylight then 1 hour of antinic before the lunar's take back over again. Anyone else with a different cycle that is working good for a future reef tank??