your fish don't know what they are missing.

Discussion in 'Fish Food' started by sostoudt, Nov 3, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I have a brick as big as truck.... if anyone wants to try some and are local to me.... come on over. I'm not a big fan of using foods that have been frozen over a month and this stuff is going to be wasted.

2. Click Here!

3. Magnus

Magnus Sharknado

That sounds good. Who manufactures it and what is the price you usually pay for it? I think that it would stay a long time in my freezer too and would go to waste... I've been cutting down on feeding and a pack of cubes would last me 1.5 months or more. I only feed 1/3rd of a cube every other day. My fish seem happy. I have a 2" baby hippo tang, a 2.5 or 3" Coral beauty, 1 purple firefish goby, 1 Rainsford's Goby and 1 Oblique Lined Goby.
    The tang and the CB get most of it. And I have never, ever seen the rainsford's eat anything I put in there. Pellets, brine, mysis and tiny chopped shrimp. He must be eating pods because I also have coarse sand, he really struggles to pass it through his gills... but he's fat! :D

4. Renee@LionfishLair

My fish were not the variety that would eat it... except the anthias. But with just her eating it, most of what I put in the tank would settle on the substrate. :-( I bought it for raising seahorses.

5. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

This is good stuff. All my fish love it. I think I will feed it to them tonight, thanks for reminding me.

6. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

Argent laboratories. I pay 17 dollars for the frozen 2 oz bar at my lfs.

7. Renee@LionfishLair

That's much more of an appropriate hobbyist amount. Mine came in at 26oz! A little of that stuff goes a long way!

8. Click Here!

9. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

I think that is about what I paid as well.

10. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

I was at a LFS and they had the 2.5oz pack for 9.99 so I baught some. I really don't see a difference in how much of a frenzy my fish are in when I feed them cyclop-eeze. Is there really a good reason why I should spend twice as much on food for this as opposed to my normal food choices(cyclops, mysis, reef plankton)? If anything, my fish go crazier for the mysis than the cyclop-eeze.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2010
  11. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango Eyelash Blennie

I've heard it called "fish crack". I've been using from the beginning of my tank and everything (fish, corals, zoas and rics) eats it.

12. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

if your fish are already eating you won't notice a difference.

The good thing about the cyclop-eeze is they are so similar to living pods. So alot of none eating fish will be tempted with them. Also they have very high levels of good fatty acids(much higher then normal newly hatched artemia). So it's the quality of the food.