Your Claim to Fame?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Triplemom, Oct 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

2. Click Here!

3. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

4. horkn

horkn Giant Squid

He has a hate group as well. :-/

5. Puffer Chick

Puffer Chick Giant Squid

Lol even better you have to be really famous to have one of those :D

6. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Why is he hated?!

7. swagger87

swagger87 Zoanthid

I was at Warped tour 2004 and was watching the band Good Charlotte when a girl next to me was crushed by the crowd. I grabbed for her and tried to hold her up and all the while I was screaming at Joel (The lead singer) to stop the music. Well as you can imagine there was plenty of noise going on so I half carried half dragged the girl toward the stage and kept screaming and waiving with my free hand. He finally saw me, stopped the band and ordered everyone to take three steps back and away from us. Paramedics came and took the girl off my back and Joel and the rest of the band Thanked me and played a song by me request. I also got to talk to Chris the Drummer afterward.

I have also gotten an autographed photo from actor Elijah Wood. I about fainted on that one, lol.
    Oh, and not that I'm proud of it, but R. Kelly stopped into the walmart I work at.

I am also related to Mexican artist Diego Rivera, husband of Frieda Khalo on my father's side (Grandmother's cousin) and Princess Diana and her sons William and Harry on my Mothers side (Grandmothers 2nd cousin)

8. Click Here!

9. HardCor

HardCor Astrea Snail

I knew Bj Penn, Chuck Lidell, Quinton Jackson before the UfC When we were competting in Grappler Quest.Quinton really Ghetto in person very funny guy.

10. inwall75

inwall75 Giant Squid

11. Peredhil

Peredhil Giant Squid

did he let him win? ;)

and one day in the future you will be related to an as yet unborn Dr. McCoy, no? :cheesy::cheesy:

12. fazool666

fazool666 Sea Dragon

Was installing an intercom system in a upper east side building a few years ago and the owner of the building was Burt Young (Paulie from the Rocky movies for anyone who doesn't know) and he invited me into his huge apartment for a cup of coffee. We hung for a while and he was real down to earth and didn't care about any of the Hollywood questions I asked. He actually invited me back to come hang out sometime and told me to bring him a 12 pack of Budweiser - I never went back after the job was complete (although I kick myself in the A$$ for not going back now) but I thought it was funny how he wanted me to bring him beer!!

Another time I went to see Jackie the Joke man (used to be part of the Howard Stern Show) perform at a bar on Long Island and after the show Billy Joel showed up and I got to hang out with the both of them at the bar for a few hours. I tried to buy Billy a beer but he turned me down but Jackie did take me up on my offer - was a fun night!

Hanging out in NYC you run into a lot of celebrities here and there (shared an elevator with comedian Richard Lewis one time) but all my other encounters were not funny as the two mentioned above.