Your Claim to Fame?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by Triplemom, Oct 18, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

I saw Kevin Costner exiting an elevator in a Seattle hotel with a blond and much younger lady. I told my mom it was Kevin Costner and she started following him out of the hotel and chased him several blocks down the street!

I think that's about it! :)

2. Click Here!

3. blumoon reefers

blumoon reefers Millepora

Thank you very much! I am a lot older now ;D but I still remember that weekend.

4. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I love these! Keep 'em coming!

Hey PharmrJohn - great to see you on here. Prison keeping you busy? ;D

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

Thanks Rhonda. Yep....great job it is. I look forward to work now. Pretty weird.

6. mirandacollc

mirandacollc Flame Angel

I was at a godsmack concert last year in the sky box and tesla walked into our box. we talked for about 25 minutes befre they asked if it was cool to stay in the box. I said sure and we talked for a bit longer. they asked if I knew who they were and I said no even thought I did and they looked shocked. I then laughed and said yes I do anyway next night they were playing at same location and they gave me and wife back stage passes. The were a bunch of really cool guys. Went to alot of shows at that place and that was kick but time with tesla! The paid for all the drinks too!

7. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

When I worked at the Tennessee Aqarium this past summer, I cashiered/saw the lead singer to 3 Doors Down and whatever guy was some dude on some chick flick, was the dad in Superman Returns, and was Cyclops in the Xmen movies. I didn't see these guys at the same time, just on different weekends. And a guest and employee had to tell me who the three doors down guy was...apparently they got a picture with him. Grrrr.

A huge claim to fame for me is my highschool pole vaulting in track. Through a Pole Vaulting camp I attended several times, I got to meet several awesome athletes. The first guy who has coached me alot at the camp (owns the camp) was Earl Bell. Earl was a former world record holder in the pole vault, he held it for about a month. Also, I met and got to talk to Jeff Hartwig, who was the American Record holder (until last year) and 3 time Olympian. And then I was coached by Derek Miles, who got 3rd place in the last Olympics :) I also have 2 Third Place titles in the AA State Championship in Tennessee. :)

And Congressman Zach Wamp (running for TN govenor in 2010) goes to my best friend's church. His son and daughter were a couple of years above me at my high school. And Congressman Wamp helped me find my cell phone in the Air and Space museum :lol:

Also, any bass fishermen here? Do you know who Bill Dance is? If anyone does know, I've got something to show you :)

8. Click Here!

9. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Oh and my mom has some stories of me meeting famous football players...but I was too young to remember or care. When we lived in Birmingham, AL, apparently my brothers and I got a haircut with some famous Bama football player?

AND my Aunt has a sister in hollywood, so my Aunt has a TON of special contacts. I've seen pictures of her having dinner with Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Nick Cannon, and other photos (not dinners) with people including Bill Clinton. I have never met any famous people through her though. :(

1 person likes this.
  10. grinder37

grinder37 Whip-Lash Squid

on a trip back from hawaii(Dad was in the Navy)we was on a plane with the Partidge family(but I was only about 6)

11. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Well let's see, my mom went to school with one of the REM bandmembers, not sure which one exactly. I got to hang out with Ozzie Smith for a couple hours at an Indy car race. One more thing, my dad is a retired AF major and used to work on the First Lady's airplanes so I always got to hang out on them. Let me tell you, I've never seen so much leather on an airplane before.

12. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I forgot about this one - it was a classic! :)

Bama will like this - it was Jay Barker, who led the Tide to the 1992 National Championship. He had never seen triplets before and thought the boys were so cute. I didn't know who he was until he left - the girls in the haircut place were all about to faint. ;)