Your Anemone Is Not Happy

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Reef Lover, Feb 18, 2006.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Reef Lover

Reef Lover Sea Dragon

You have described so many different behaviors that your anemone had. H is not happy. Please have someone baby sit it for you until your tank is more stable. I agree, that your tank needs to mature or your water is not perfect.

If your anemone dies it's a tragedy, because in the wild, anemones can live for hundreds of years. They also reproduce very slowly. When an anemone with a 60 or 70 years ahead of it is taken from the ocean and left to die in an aquarium in just several months, it is a tragedy. Please don't buy anything that is not easy to keep until you have some more experience, and do some more reading.

Don't trust everything thats told to you at your local fish store. Remember, if they know that your new at this, they will tell you anything just to make a quick buck. Good luck.

2. Click Here!

3. Jenny415b

Jenny415b Astrea Snail

Okay, thats hard to hear but thank you for saying it. We have known the people at this pet store so long that we didnt think they would give us bad info, but it's possible. Again, i feel horrible about the little guy, we're going to figure something out and call the pet store. Thanks again...

4. gkw

gkw Peppermint Shrimp

Hey, Jenny, I think that would be the best move. Call up the store and return the little bugger, maybe they can save it. If not, then maybe they were just trying to make a sale. :(

Good Luck!