You wont believe what i just witnessed.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by lunatik_69, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

Most fish, at least freshwater like panfish and bass, don't have nerves in their mouth. They don't feel the pain from the hook, just the pull.

As for the suffocating factor...who cares they taste good :D :D :D Catfish especially. Except I think they have nerves in their mouth too. Oh well.

We don't eat aquarium suitable fish anyways, right? I've heard of expensive dinners, but come on ::)

I want to see a video of this shrimp! Or more pics! Or both!

2. Click Here!

3. Yuri Kapustin

Yuri Kapustin Coral Banded Shrimp

AS anyone suggested making this shrimp our 3reef mascot haha

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Thats a little dramatic, dont you think? You must be a
    Vegetarian. Fish dont feel the hook,only the pressure of the fishing line as =Jwin= mentioned. We all have to eat, its the cirlce of life. Luna

5. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

I dont know about that, the fish I catch feel something ;D. Hey I eat anything I catch, so its all good.

[​IMG]
    Rob Allen Tuna 120

Last edited: Feb 7, 2009
  6. ermano

ermano Zoanthid

man the harpoons!!

7. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

It's all part of being on top of the food chain. I bet the lion doesn't feel bad about the impala dinner;D

<---------------- You all know my point of view!!

How bout another update?? I need something to get excited about, come on!!

8. Click Here!

9. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

He's still alive, he buries himself in the sand for the most part. Havent seen him eat, so I dont know if he's going to last long. The nemo eggs have gone from an orange/yellow color to a dark orange color. Luna

1 person likes this.
  10. Arcain41

Arcain41 Coral Banded Shrimp

Once, my friend went on vacation. (They lived in Lake Tahoe Ca.) Well, while they were on vacation the power went out. Their fishtank froze solid. The fish were literally frozen alive in the swimming position. Of course we all came to check out the fishtank. They got the power back on and started heating up the tank in order to toss the carnage, and boom... life happened. Their two enormous fish just took off squirming and swimming. They lived for at least 4 more years. Ya just never know.

11. =Jwin=

=Jwin= Tassled File Fish

All this animal eatingness is reminding me of what's going on at my school this month. A small group of people have been going through "Vegan" February. A vegan is someone who doesn't eat (sometimes doesn't use anything with) animal products. Personally, I think it is the most stupid thing I've ever heard of. Eventually they have to take vitamin supplements anyways.

So, we've been harassing them with the typical questions like: what do vegans feed their babies? Did you know you can hurt a cow by NOT milking it? etc. We've decided to make next month "Meaty March" where you must make the proper animal sounds before you eat. I'm not sure what sounds you do for hot dogs though...

That's an awesome story! Makes me feel like we need to research "cryostasis" technology and methods more. You never know what could happen.

1 person likes this.
  12. stepho

stepho Panda Puffer

makes me want to find a saber tooth tiger frozen in ice and try thawing it.