You wont believe what i just witnessed.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by lunatik_69, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. tigermike74

tigermike74 Panda Puffer

That is awesome! Congrats on the off the wall find, and congrats on the nemo eggs!!! :trampolin

2. Click Here!

3. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Buy them live. Do a google search, they are out there. You get a jar full of them for around $20.

4. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Some LFS sell little pouches with live pods in them. Ask around, my LFS has them for $14.99. Luna

5. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

Havent been home yet, but this morning I shined a flash light to the tank and it was walking around the tank. I just hope that it doesnt "see" the nemo eggs. I know that the parents are fierce when it comes to protecting their eggs, but this shrimp is 4 1/2" long. He's a big MF. When I get home I'll make an assessment. Luna

6. doog

doog Peppermint Shrimp

rule #1 in trauma surgery - you're not dead 'til you're warm & dead.

7. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

He's still alive and kicking. Doesnt move around as much, but alive none the less. Luna

8. Click Here!

9. packagerat

packagerat Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

I had a northern pike do the same thing while I was ice fishing. I caught him threw him on the ice continued to fish for a couple hours, then loaded him and then pan fish up with no water put him in the back room in a bucket of water to thaw him out. When I came back after an hour reached in and got quite a suprise and a scratched hand. Needless to say he was delicious!

10. connemark

connemark Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Research has proven that lowering the temperature of people from 98.6 to as low as 92 whom suffer from a heart attack, stroke, or anything else life threatening keeps cells from committing suicide. With drugs to help the uncontrollable shivering people stand a very good chance of surviving. This type of care has been instituted on a trial basis for some of the advance helo and ambulance crews around DC. Funny I remember from movies like Aliens where everyone went to sleep for an extended period of in cryostasis(sp). Next thing you know we will all be beamed to different places instead of driving.
    Low body temp raises mortality in heart failure.(Cardiovascular Medicine)(Brief Article) | Article from Family Practice News | HighBeam Research

11. phal.repth

phal.repth Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Good for you! I don't like to fish now that I have a fish tank. I don't know, something about being baited with tasty food, pierced through the mouth with an extremely sharp hook, dragged through the water, then suffocated just doesn't sound appealing to me for some reason!

_chi_

12. wastemanagement

wastemanagement Eyelash Blennie

reminds me of a simpsons episode when Homer gets a lobster and fattens him up to eat lol. Pinchy was his name I think:) ( wasted youth I know)