You wont believe what i just witnessed.

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by lunatik_69, Feb 4, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

you freeze you are not declared dead until you are warm and dead! Guess it is like that for shrimp also! I am assuming he was "flash frozen" Poor guy! Hope he lives..

2. Click Here!

3. el_sillo

el_sillo Spaghetti Worm

im sure he is going to live, when i was cycling my tank my dad got 5 of does and put them in my tank, all of them survived and it was quite cool, they go out at night and when my lights turned on they hide under the sand! i took them out because they are really ugly and ate all my copepods! but that is one super shrimp lol!

4. baugherb

baugherb Giant Squid

Thats crazy... Is he still kicking?

5. missionsix

missionsix Super Moderator Staff Member

That thing is probably freaked out:eek:.........

6. LCP136

LCP136 Sailfin Tang

You've gotta keep that guy. Or at least put him back in the ocean. He doesn't deserve to be eaten (Not that you'd wanna eat something out of a fish tank).

7. suckafish

suckafish Montipora Capricornis

its like growing your own hamburgers...:beer:
    i hope he does well.

8. Click Here!

9. Froc3

Froc3 Fire Goby

Good luck, actually kind of a cool addition! Maybe shrimp are like frogs and cold. If you put a frog in the freezer for a week and take him out he'll come back to life! Well, the frogs around here anyways - I was invited to help research this phenomenon at the University last summer. Very cool stuff!

10. Iraf

Iraf Snowflake Eel

thats cool, when I was a sick and twisted JR. High student one of my science fair things that wouldn't get admitted is I froze a beta in a really small amount of water, then tossed it into a tank and let it thaw, next morning it was swimming around again, didn't survive the second time though.

11. IBMGeek

IBMGeek Montipora Digitata

I know a trick for keeping shrimp alive without water for fishing, is putting some ice in a container, soak a folded newspaper in saltwater, and put the newspaper on top of the ice. Then you just put the shrimp on top of the newspaper, and they would stay alive for some hours. As long as their cool and damp they would survive.

12. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

An up-date on the shrimp and another discovery

Well, the shrimp is at 100% or at least it seems that way. To answer a Q that was asked earlier, yes, its the same kind of shrimp that you buy to eat and to fish with.

I just noticed that my paired nemos just laid some eggs on a rock. I think that am going to play the lotto.......lol

Luna

1 person likes this.