You Wnat To Find The Cheapest Gas In Your Area?

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by lunatik_69, Apr 6, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. lunatik_69

lunatik_69 Giant Squid

If you've turned on the news, picked up a paper, or eavesdropped on a conversation between just about any two people recently, you've probably heard someone talking about gas prices. In fact, they just hit another record high this week. Even worse, some experts are predicting they'll top a mind-boggling $4.00 A GALLON in many parts of the country this summer (if it even takes that long!).

The link below might help. It finds the cheapest gas station near you, without you wasting a gallon or two driving around looking for it. Some of you may have seen it from me before, but with the way prices are skyrocketing, I thought it was high time to send it again.

Just plug your zip code in and it'll tell you the lowest -- and highest -- price in your area. Check it out.

http://www1.youreletters.com/t/1462471/10112505/845426/5061/

2. Click Here!

3. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

I dont buy cheap gas... My cars run like crap on cheap gas and get horrible gas mileage. I run Shell gas in everything. It bumped my little SUV from 17mpg to 23mpg just from switching, not to mention how smooth it runs. If your car is at idle and your shifter is shaking(floor shifter, AT or manual) thats a sign you're runnin bad gas. All gas comes from the same pipeline whereever in the US, but its the additives the different companies put in it thats makes the world of difference.

4. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

$4.00 per gallon is cheap, we are approaching prices of $5.50 per gallon over here :(

John

5. bmshehan

bmshehan Fu Manchu Lion Fish

Ouch, that hurts JohnO!! But the problem is, I don't think there is any question that Americans use the most gas, and usually if you buy the most of any commodity you get the best price?? I have read what some nations are paying for gas, and it is under a buck a gallon! Wish there was some alternative fuel out there... I am waiting for one that runs off of bioproduct of someone drinking too much Budweiser!!:beer:;)

6. geekdafied

geekdafied 3reef Sponsor

China uses far more then us. China and India are the reason why gas has sky rocketed. They have multi billions of drivers and millions more a year.

7. cuttingras

cuttingras Starving Artist :)

Orlando gas supply comes from a pipeline in tampa that runs thru the state. Try to get gas during a hurricane that hits tampa first;D

where I am
    Gas Prices - MSN Autos

HEY! $2.03 in New London, MO??????what's up with that?????

8. Click Here!

9. JohnO

JohnO Moderator

I'm not sure who uses the most petrol, but over here we suffer from 'pricing parity' or some such garbage, where the price is dictated by the oil prices in Singapore and then adjusted to stop the oil producers in this country simply exporting the oil overseas, and then the Government whacks on a nice tax to boot. I'll be long dead and gone by the time an alternative to fossil fuels is found sO ( selfishly ) I really don't care much. However I do hope they don't go down the Hydrogen road, as I think the source of Hydrogen would be water and if you think there is an energy crisis now, then wait until we run out of water, because, as a great man ( Tangster ), once wrote, we got the same water today as we did when the world began. Or something like that :)

Maybe we car fuel our cars from the methane generated from the BS that economical environmentalists produce? Would that be carbon neutral? LOL

Cheers

John

10. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

3.15 a gallon today diesel still 3.99 the trucks are going to quit delivering reef supplies at this rate or our Hobby will triple in price again.
    Good thing my diesel runs on waste oil we make plenty of that everyday.

Bio diesel today was 4.20 doesnt make sense.

11. Reefdiver72

Reefdiver72 Feather Duster

Hey mine rattles but I dont want to put gas in it LOL