You moron jeff!

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Swisswiss, Nov 29, 2013.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

So i was reorganizing my cables yesterday and like a noob i forgot to plug in my heater....

My female percula seemed a little paler than normal and when i touched the glass of my aquarium it felt colder than usual...i quickly scrambled to my thermometer to realize the temp dropped from 26 to 23 degrees C. I promptly plugged my heater back in. I was going to do a water change today but decided to do it tomorrow and let the water warm up.

Consequences to be expected?

2. Click Here!

3. sailorguy

sailorguy Torch Coral

I think you should be okay since the temp changes both up and down were gradual and the low temp period was not that long.

4. _alex_

_alex_ Feather Duster

Lol I did it for 3 days on a temp tank holding fish and coral. Got down to like 66-68. I slowly brought it back up over 36 hours back up to 74. And had no issues or losses.

-Alex-

5. Todd_Sails

Todd_Sails Giant Squid

And Jeff, while I don't know you,
    I seriously doubt you are a moron. I realize we all like to humble ourselves though.

I for one have made plenty of seemingly innocent 'mistakes'.

I wish you and your livestock well

6. Swisswiss

Swisswiss Caribbean Reef Squid

hahaha merci todd…and all the others, i see no bleaching and my fish seem all them crazy selves.

7. DSC reef

DSC reef Giant Squid

I did the same thing a while back. Glad your tank recovered bud

8. Click Here!

9. Marshall O

Marshall O Giant Squid

That's really not all that cool anyways. As others mentioned, you should be just fine. I once forgot to turn back on the outlet strip that powered my heater, filter and skimmer on my 10 gallon QT. Checked on the tank the next morning (was QT'ing my Possum Wrasse) and noticed it was barely moving at all. Then I realized that the heater had been off all night! Tank was down to 65. Turned it back on, and once back to temp the fish was just fine (and still is today!). Since then I moved the heater to a different outlet that is always on so that doesn't happen again!

10. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

My heater died at my office on the coldest weekend of the year. got to work monday and my tank was 66°. Fish was lethargic and corals not looking happy. ran to WM and got a new heater. temp came up and all looked normal again.

11. CBSurfrider

CBSurfrider Millepora

Try moving/re organizing all chords into a nice organized line up into a surge suppressor and I forgot to turn the damn thing on! Realized it the following morning when it was WAY too quiet by the tank.. DOH

12. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

I'm glad all is well! We all have "moments" and learn from them (hopefully)...