You have to be kidding me.. Rain?!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by duoc9119, Jul 15, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. duoc9119

duoc9119 Coral Banded Shrimp

73% of Texas is in a severe drought and of course I'm going on vacation in the 27% of Texas that is expecting thunderstorms the next week.

I'm leaving to Galveston in about 5 hours from this post, and weather.com states that there will be rain the whole week. :confused: Sucks right? Hopefully it barely misses the location I'm going to be at, so I can get some decent fishing.

Anyone else in a drought? Flood maybe? Haha The weather really does like to screw things up.

2. Click Here!

3. aw1447

aw1447 Montipora Capricornis

Lol I live here. You don't need to worry my man. It always say's its gunna rain..and when it actually does its for like 10 minutes tops haha.

4. duoc9119

Haha awesome! Time to get my fishing on! Looking to hook something massive again! I've been doing pretty well getting 3 footers (Sharks, rays, catfish, other various fish) Maybe grab a few hermits for my tank as well (Not sure if that's illegal or not. Haha)

5. aw1447

Oh and the fishing is awesome right now. People are busting out sharks left and right this week. The state record bullshark was caught a few days ago.. And if you like crab, nows a good time. Post up anywhere off the seawall and throw out some chicken legs. Its spawning season in the surf

6. TMWTim

TMWTim Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

Houston???? You guys are splattering wet with rain considering what we have got in San Antonio the last three months:eek: We live in north SA and literally have got rain twice, a quick shower each time. However (there is always a 'however') we are heading to Galveston next week for a cruise and I am willing to bet anything that the GoM (Gulf of Mexico) will all the sudden become a hurricane frenzy. That's how it works.

Anyone ever heard the term 'PINS'. For those that understand what that means the fishing has picked up really good recently. The weed has been horrible this year but seems to be breaking up for the most part. BT, Bulls and a Tiger here and there have been caught recently...and released...even a Greater Hammer caught and released (all documented and photographed). Bob Hall has been on fire if you're in to that sort of thing. A 12yr old was hit by a shark last weekend. 50+ stitches. He was wading on the 2nd gut with his father and what they thought was a Bull B-lined right at his ankle. Ugly pics. Bait fish scarce.

Hit me up if your a sharker in the Port 'A' area.

7. duoc9119

It rained once but not bad enough to not fish. Didn't catch any sharks or anything of that sorts. Just speared a ray and grouper. Some crabs here and there trying to eat shrimp off the fishing line.

Bait fish was no where to be found, just netted a lot of juvi mullets and croakers. So I had to go down to the bait shop and buy pounds of shrimp and squid. Turns out nothing is interested in baby fish.

Spotted 2 dolphins coasting just off shore, and ran into a massive sea turtle. Scared the crap out of me (thought it was a massive ray) who knew one would find a sea turtle in the gulf, lost maybe? Wish I had my camera at the time, I seemed to not have it around when all the cool stuff comes swimming around. lame..

Maybe fishing will be better next year

8. Click Here!

9. Coastie Reefer

Coastie Reefer Millepora

you'd be surprised what's in the Gulf of Mexico!! Check out my avatar photo...GoM pic right there about 200 miles off shore. I would see turtles, hammer heads, whales, dolphins, and all sorts of sea life.

22' ish whale shark
    [​IMG]

MAN....I miss being out in the middle of the ocean sometimes. Ahhh the joys of not seeing land for 28+ days at a time.;D;D;D

10. Thatgrimguy

Thatgrimguy Flying Squid

We have been in a drought up till this past weekend it had been 9weeks without rain. I live on the coast!!!! That's crazy. I live in South Mississippi. (typically in summer it rains every afternoon)

11. duoc9119

It was quite strange. The sea turtle was a good 30 yards from shore. And the dolphins I spotted maybe 50 yards. Awesome picture btw

12. aw1447

There's a hatchery in Galveston. There's sea turtles throughout the gulf. Just bc the waters murky doesn't mean it's bad for sea life like that.. Sounds like you were fishing the wrong spots!! Check these out my brother and I caught last wknd..

Attached Files: