Yet another Bristle worm inquiry

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by Scubagator87, Mar 19, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. 10acrewoods

10acrewoods Fire Goby

I grab them but it is not ouch but the next 3 days my hand itches and swells

2. Click Here!

3. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

Scubagator,
    If you think you have alot of bristleworms, and you have no plans on having a species-only bristleworm tank, then you should probably just remove some of them.
    I have one, and he's a monster -- more than 15 inches. But it doesn't bother me, I think he's kind of cool, and I haven't seen him attack my anemone or anything else. But if I had 3 or 4 like him, I'd consider removing half of them.

4. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

Postscript: My monster bristleworm is dead. I found his head floating around when I was changing the water. I'm going to guess that my new hermit crab ate him. Guess I don't need to feed the hermit for a couple of days!

5. amcarrig

amcarrig Super Moderator

Floating worm heads...how disturbing :D

6. SAW39

SAW39 Ritteri Anemone

Fish heads, fish heads, rolly polly fish heads. Fish heads, fish heads, eat them up, Yum!

7. Triplemom

Triplemom Pajama Cardinal

We've seen our sixline wrasse carting bristleworms around in his mouth....and body parts floating in the tank (ugh). Since we got the sixline, I think I've seen one bristleworm.