Unresolved Yellow Watchman Goby (looking worse)

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by mike007, Mar 17, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

I'm going to play it by ear and see how he looks for another day or two, and if it gets any worse, I'll separate him. I'll keep everyone up to date on what happens.

Thanks for the help.

2. Click Here!

3. dowtish

dowtish Horrid Stonefish

right on...keep us posted

4. 1.0reef

1.0reef Giant Squid

a pistol shrimp might protect him!

5. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Well, as of last night, he was pronounced dead. He was getting the inside of his gills cleaned by the cleaner shrimp. He was on his side and when the nassarius snail got on top of him, I called it. He darted from underneath the snail and didnt move again. :cry::cry:

He had red blotches inside the gill area since the day got him, but I disregarded them. Does this mean internal parasites are possible death? LFS where I got him doesn't have a great track record with keeping fish healthy.. :-/ I just feel bad for the little guy... I liked him a lot.

6. rc_mcwaters3

rc_mcwaters3 Clown Trigger

mine has the same pice of fin that disapears and then gets better, and reapears every so often and I have a skunk cleaner it there with him along with a blue damsel so I belive thata normal for teh most part but Im sorry to hear about your fish. Will you try again?

7. mike007

mike007 Sea Dragon

Of course I will, Maybe with a different kind of goby. I'm just not going to buy livestock from that LFS anymore. I hate blaming the store for a fish that died in my tank because I feel responsible, but there really was nothing wrong with the tank and nothing I could have done.

I will try again though. everything needs to be built slowly, including my knowledge in this hobby.:builder2: