yellow tang

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by rothany206, Oct 21, 2008.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rothany206

rothany206 Spaghetti Worm

hello all i just notice what looks like a cut on my tang i can see the flesh inside what should i do he thanks for any help

2. Click Here!

3. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

figure out what cuased it, if we could see a pic it would help. do you have any other tangs.

make sure you water quality is perfect

4. Av8Bluewater

Av8Bluewater Giant Squid

I saw a Moorish Idol in the store today missing a huge bit of skin. He said it came in like that. Good luck. I started to say put a band aid on it, but people probably don't get my humor.

5. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

If you have a QT, I would place her in there and dose daily with a broad spectrum antibiotic to prevent infection from setting in. Not in the food but in the water. Something like Melafix. When it looks healed up, reintroduce her into the DT.

6. rothany206

Well I do have a sailfin tang but they always got along I was thinkn it couldve been the coral banded shirmp I got that's the only thing with claws in the tank. I threw him in my refuge for now is that a ggood idea

7. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

for now but does it look like its on a place where a claw can grip. i have one pinch me before it doesn't break the skin,and its arm rips off at the slightest jerk. i doubt it is the cbs. if it looks like a gash on the side of the fish i voting the sailfin did it.

8. Click Here!

9. rothany206

Yeah it is a gash on the side of the fish

10. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

i don't know if you know. but if you look at my picture of the yellow tang besides my post, see the white thing on the back of the tail. its a sharp spike all tangs have(i think its called a scalpel) when they fight they raise it out and use it as a knife. which is why if you see them fighting they look like they are backing into the other fish, really there trying to stab them.

11. rothany206

Yeah I do see it its just that I don't ever see them fighting they always swim toghter get food toghter maybe behind close doors only lol