Yellow Tang VANISHED!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Midnight_Madman, Dec 14, 2004.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Midnight_Madman

Midnight_Madman Montipora Digitata

I was away for 3 days and when I returned I noticed I didnt see my yellow tang! I looked inbetween the liveock and cant find ANY trace of him! He was super healty and I had him for over a year. I just cant figure it out. I looked all over the floor with no success.... what might have happend??? I have a small lion fish, clarkii clown, small niger trigger, bird wrass and a blue damsel. Is it possible that the Lion stung him and killed him??? HELP!

2. Click Here!

3. Birdlady

Birdlady Finback Whale

Well, that stinks! I guess, there is no way to know really....the other guys probably made for a quick clean up (sorry :-/)

It is a real bummer to lose these guys..... :'( Karma to you for your loss.....

4. Matt Rogers

Matt Rogers Kingfish

Ugh, sorry. :( Did you try feeding the fish yet to see if it appears?

5. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

did u check at any intakes? or maybe under rock in the back...i know when my blue tang...like u vanished and was super healthy i found him dead in the back...WHY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...i miss my blue dude

6. Midnight_Madman

I dont know why... thats what bothers me the most. Very strange. I didnt feed anyone for about 3 or 4 days, but that shouldnt do it.

7. Bruce

Bruce Giant Squid

hmmm...how big was the tang?...very strange...um...do u have any cats?

8. Click Here!

9. Midnight_Madman

nO.. No cats.. but I do have 2 dogs! But I have a glass canopy with about a 3" gap in the back... do they jump?
    I would like to thank everyone for the Karma!

10. OoNickoC

OoNickoC Bubble Tip Anemone

It probably died (aybe killed or randomly died...happens) and the fish in your tank are all on the mean side so they would have helped dispose of the carcas quickly....who took care of your tank? The jumping out and being eaten by a dog theory is also very plausible. A fish may get very very hungry in a few days (i know i would and i am VERy well fed)....ensue or chase the tang so much it jumped the gap and was eaten by a dog if they were inside....i would investigate untill solved...monitor dog poo....and fish poo....check sump and filter mediea for remnants....check protien skimmer cup for scales...ect....sorry to hear of your loss.

11. Midnight_Madman

Yes it is weird because in the past I have lost fish, but always found some bones or scales, or something....this time nothing. I have a scalet hermit crab, and I watched him to see if there was anything he was picking at in the crushed coral, but no.
    Do you really think dogs would eat that? My wife was here the whole time, and never saw anything strange happen.

12. Jay

Jay Teardrop Maxima Clam

I had a convict damsel go missing and never even saw a trace. Bet the crabs got him. Sorry for your loss.

Jay