Yellow tang need help

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by maveric3030, Jan 15, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. maveric3030

maveric3030 Astrea Snail

thx cosmo, i'll ask about the spectrum treatment although,im not sure the best thing for him would be to remove him. to make matters worse any type of treatment would need to be reef safe cause i have a bunch of coral.

quick question though, would aggression lead to a fish being sluggish?

2. Click Here!

3. sticksmith23

sticksmith23 Giant Squid

I would think that it could. A stressed fish can lead to a sick fish quickly. If you are going to treat in the reef tank, make sure there is no copper in the treatment.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

yeah, removing the fish is def a last resort! But it seems like you're pretty close to that point! There are very little options of treating in the DT! i swear by herbtana, but its making my skimmer go nuts these days! But it kept my fish alive! I still say set up a hospital tank and get him healthy again if he doesn't eat tomorrow! If he's letting shrimp come up and grab him, he's tired and weak! Give him a break! good luck to you! herbtana def stimulates eating though!

5. maveric3030

maveric3030 Astrea Snail

he was dead when i checked on him this moring. fish store said it might have been some sort of bacterial infection. its too bad, i really enjoyed watchin him in the tank. [​IMG]

6. maveric3030

maveric3030 Astrea Snail

the abbrasions he suffered is the brownish area to the left of his eye in the pic. looks like its directly on his lateral line. the other side of his body is completely fine. 1st fish loss of the tank =(

7. Mobalized

Mobalized Teardrop Maxima Clam

Google chucks addiction and look at diseases.... Looks familiar to me

8. Click Here!

9. chelseagrin

chelseagrin Fire Goby

yeah you would really need a separate hospital tank to treat it, treatments without copper really dont work.

10. Annabana27

Annabana27 Bristle Worm

11. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

sucks dude! sorry!

12. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Sorry To hear about your loss. Few pointers for next time if this comes along, Try soaking your greens in a HUFA supplement and a Vitamin C additive. This well help tremendously with the fish. You can do this as well with frozen foods or flakes or pellets if you wish as well. Whatever you feed. :) Vitamin C helped me get my old Achilles cured from Head and lateral line erosion disease. Plus helps tremendously with other issues and with adding new fish.

Also on a side note, a 125 gallon is a 6 foot tank. a 120 is a 4' tank. If it is a generic 125. Versus a custom tank.

1 person likes this.