Urgent Yellow Tang disoriented..Urgent!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Ryland, Feb 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Precisely .5. Exactly where it should be. Now I am lowering it. I want the copper out. Not sure what has happened as I keep superb water conditions. The fish has deteriorated over the past week though. :confused:

2. Click Here!

3. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Formaline check. Hypo is out. No refract. And I am gun shy of it.

4. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

Very good point. I have heard of this before but I do not know the answer for sure myself either. Thank you for your input.

5. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Methylene blue is used in the treatment of freshwater ich, it will not be effective against Marine Ich.

6. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

personally i would put him back into the DT and just treat the whole tank for ick, use ick-attack you can get it from petsmart, its 100% organic and is safe for your tank. just make sure you keep the dose up, and feed garlic with your food, helped me tremendously and i havent had ick for months!

7. martyd215

martyd215 Astrea Snail

Why do they use it in freshwater dips for marine fish? Mistaken association? Old knowledge from the saltwater stoneage or something? ;D

Would it still have a calmative effect in addition to copper, or is mixing those two a no-no?

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

They do use it for dips with marine fish for relief of symptoms and other diseases, but once you re-introduce the fish to a tank with Marine Ich it will become infected again.

It is a drug that I have not used in a number of years so I can not speak to it's sedative effects, but copper should not be used in conjunction with many other medications. I would have to check specifically if it's compatible with methylene blue.

:)

10. Ryland

Ryland Stylophora

In my humble opinion.....this is like throwing money in the garbage.

11. Shackman23

Shackman23 Teardrop Maxima Clam

well whatever your doing now isnt really helping, so getting that fish out of your so called quarantine tank would maybe be the best thing for him. people fight ick everyday and not everyone has a quarantine tank and there doing better then what youve got going "in my humble opinion"