Yellow Tang and Magnificent Foxface

Discussion in 'Tropical Fish' started by Heather Carver, Aug 16, 2015.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

Hello!
    A little over a week ago I bought Thumper, my magnificent foxface. After a few rough days in the QT tank we finally put him into our display tank. So far Thumper has been stripped on and off (an indication of stress) which I would expect considering he is adjusting to another home. He is eating and swimming around though. All of my tank mates seem to enjoy his company expect Bubbles, my yellow tang. A few times a day I notice that if Thumper heads into his direction, he will come out and chase him away. There is no biting, nipping, or anything of that. I'm assuming that once Thumper settles into his tank he will start to get defensive towards the yellow tang. What do you guys think?

2. Click Here!

3. Mr. Bill

Mr. Bill Native Floridian

IMOPE, foxface are not aggressive fish. He'll most likely get used to the tang's territory and keep his distance, and the tang will become accustomed to the foxface being in the same tank. What you're seeing is pretty common whenever an established resident meets a new arrival.

4. Vinnyboombatz

Vinnyboombatz Giant Squid

The fact that they are both yellow may mean trouble. Keep a close eye on them.

5. Kevin_E

Kevin_E Giant Squid

Following. I was the inking about adding a fox face with my yellow tang, but i may not now.

6. Heather Carver

Heather Carver Astrea Snail

I wanted to update everyone on the relationship between my yellow tang and magnificent foxface rabbit fish. After a month of fighting and chasing each other around the tank, they are finally getting along. I love watching the relationship the two of them have. I defiantly recommend a magnificent foxface.

Attached Files:

7. oldfishkeeper

oldfishkeeper Giant Squid

good news that things have settled down :)

8. Click Here!

9. ReeferReefer

ReeferReefer Plankton

Fox faces can be very shy and take time to get settled. Glad it worked out for you. How big is your tank?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk