Yellow Eye Tang help.

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Claic Yuzolt, Oct 19, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Claic Yuzolt

Claic Yuzolt Bubble Tip Anemone

OH NO! So my gramma has a little cave and the Tang went down to in front of it and started fluttering its fins really fast and the gramma did its aggressive open mouth attack!

Will this die down too?

2. Click Here!

3. kcbrad

kcbrad Giant Squid

Yes! Don't worry. They are just all meeting each other. My gramma does his open mouth attack to the fish he's been with for over a year when they come near his cave.

1 person likes this.
  4. Claic Yuzolt

Ok, ok...It's my girlfriends birthday and this was half her present so we are going out to eat...

I hope I don't come home to see my beloved clowns dead!

I'll update soon!

5. ingtar_shinowa

ingtar_shinowa Giant Squid

better the clowns than the tang IMO lol. Your tang looks great, alot more firendly than mine, both in terms of aggression and shyness. Ive had mine for a couple of weeks and he is just now mostly ok with people looking at him!

6. Claic Yuzolt

PSSSSH shoooooott, I'd lose that tang 100x before I'd lose my clowns lol

Yeah, the tang got dropped in waited like 5 minutes then he was all over the tank.

Check out this pic of his mouth, it has a little brown mark on his top lip you could say. Anything bad?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  7. whiptofiz

whiptofiz Fire Worm

He looks great, nice Tang! Tang police made me laugh.

No worries about him and his tank mates. These are all fish that should coincide quite well. From your video no aggressive behavior. The argument between your gramma and the tang is just like kcbrad said. Getting to meet each other, establish a "pecking order" but just with a display instead of violence.

8. Click Here!

9. Pickupman66

Pickupman66 Tassled File Fish

I would not worry about agression. they may flare the fish, but untill the tang starts to back toward them and slap at them with its tail, you have NOTHING to worry about. feed that tang plenty of greens and such. they should be pigs.

10. blackraven1425

blackraven1425 Giant Squid

I would be extremely diligent about checking the tank. A tang in that small an area can get very aggressive very quickly.