Yellow Cucumber

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by LittleFishy, Feb 6, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

My LFS recently got in some very appealing bright yellow Cuc's and I was wondering if people thought I would be alright with getting one?

Someone else I spoke to said Cucumber's were dangerous but so far all the reading I have done says that these are great reef tank mates.

I have a 26g bow reef system, lots of inverts (blue-legged and knuckle hermits, scarlet hermit, trocus snails, anemone crab, couple Nassarius, Emerald crab, Skunk cleaners, and peppermint shrimp), coupe coral (LPS; bubble, frospawn grape, cycloseris, and torch, Soft: Mushroom, Zoos, Stars) and only one fish; Royal Gramma.

Let me know what you guys think! Thanks :)

2. Click Here!

3. Corailline

Corailline Super Moderator

Those little yellow one that are like an inch are 2 are fine. Never had any issue with them other then them splitting and reproducing.

4. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

Yes exactly that size if not a little smaller (between 1" and 2"). Would you consider them beneficial? Thanks!

5. Corailline

No not beneficial but nice looking, an interesting invert.

Mine always hung out near over flows collecting suspended particles.

I think they are cool and fairly hardy. When using coral feeding solutions the lived for quite a while up to a year or more.

6. Corailline

7. LittleFishy

LittleFishy Astrea Snail

Thanks! See it's the toxins that worry me as I only have a 26g. Should I just play it safe and avoid these?

8. Click Here!

9. Corailline

I have only had them in large tanks. I myself would put one in my 28 gallon. They are pretty tiny, but if it's a risk you are concerned about it may be better to play it safe until you have talked to others that have kept them in a nano.

10. whippy

whippy Sailfin Tang

I have one in my 5g. It split and formed another so I sold that one back to the lfs. It's doing well :)

Sent from my zombie ninja pirate.

11. SushiGirl

SushiGirl Barracuda

We had 2 in our 55 since June. One apparently died (it was just hanging by one little suction cup one day and hadn't been feeding for a few weeks). Nothing happened to the tank. I simply took it out. The other one is still doing fine. We call them our boring inverts LOL.