Yellow assesor

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by Gotteeguy, Apr 4, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Gotteeguy

Gotteeguy Flamingo Tongue

So, 2 or 3 weeks ago I got a really good deal on a yellow assesor. It was doing good in my 55 gallon reef tank until I decided that I wanted to put aragonite and crushed coral sand in the tank (before, there was no substrate). So i took all the LR out and put the LR in some fresh saltwater in a bucket. I completely forgot about the assesor when I was removing the LR. It must have freaked out and hid in a piece of rock because it was nowhere else in the tank. So I scrubbed some of the LR that had too much algae on it with a toothbrush (thankfully, I didn't scrub the piece of LR that the assesor was hiding in). I also did a 40% water change in the aquarium. I cleaned and added the new substrate as carefully as I could, but the water turned cloudy. Then I added the rock back in. No fish were hurt, but I have not seen the assesor since then.
    I have heard of people that have had basslets hide for 6 months in their rock and then randomly appear again. Was it just stress from the addition of the new LS and the water change that made the assesor hide for so long or is he dead?

2. Click Here!

3. crustytheclown

crustytheclown Eyelash Blennie

thats a tough one. i would just wait, one day he may appear!

4. Gotteeguy

5. Gexx

Gexx Giant Squid

it might be dead but it might be fine and just scared s...less right now. i would be if my house got completely moved and rearranged.

6. Gotteeguy

Since some fish died while I was away, the ammonia and nitrite spiked a bit. Would this have killed the assesor even if he was alive in the rock before the ammonia spike? All the inverts except the starfish survived the spike...and so did the lawnmower blenny and the chromis..