Yeah, there is hope.

Discussion in 'Algae' started by anpgp, Oct 5, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. anpgp

anpgp Dragon Wrasse

Ok, so for about a month and a half now I have been battling a massive outbreak of gha and red cyano. Now the gha is almost all but gone and the red cyano is following right behind. I found the source to most likely be the tap water I was using. I had been adding prime and conditioner to it before I used it but I guess it wasn't enough. Since the start of the outbreak, I have found a source of RO water, purchased some PhosGuard, drastically cut down on the lights, tons of manually removal, and frequent water changes. My mushrooms and zoas are looking a lot better now too. The algae was rapidly encroaching on them and they didn't appreciate it too much. Now that it's going away they are much happier.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm just so excited that everything is clearing up and the hard work is finally paying off. For all of you out there battling algae, there is a light at the end of the tunnel if you just stick with a good regimen.

2. Click Here!

3. 32Boom

32Boom Coral Banded Shrimp