Yeah my new 75G :)

Discussion in 'General Reef Topics' started by BoBo65, Sep 20, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. insanespain

insanespain Ocellaris Clown

As seano mentioned, the drains go through the back. So as long as your back glass isn't tempered then you are good to go, which I assume its not since you were looking at a glass holes kit. Check out the build thread in my sig if you want to see how a bean animal works.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

2. Click Here!

3. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

Im not sure if my back glass is tempered or not :p I'm def a little scared haha I cant find any stickers on it so I think Im just gunn a wear a long sleeve shirt with some gloves and goggles as I drill if its tempered i will have a mess to clean up, if its not I will have an overflow box :D

4. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

You can do the tempered trick to see if the glass is safe to drill or not. Any LCD screen wil very very fuzzy when looking ta it thru tempered glass - you can use your phone or some laptops. Polarized lenses also work, when looking at the glass.

PS - I forgot to do this when I drilled.

5. BoBo65

BoBo65 Torch Coral

dangit SEANO!!!! I just added up all the things I want and its over $250!!!! dangit Im to broke for this hobby right now hahaha and that doesnt include my skimmer or my stand or the glass for the overflow of the glass for the sump :-(!!!!!

6. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I'm sort of in the same boat dude. Or at least, I was, when I was figuring out the costs.

I've just been going bit by bit, buying things when I have extra cash.