Yea Skimmer!!!!

Discussion in 'Protein Skimmers' started by rbok, Dec 31, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. rbok

rbok Spanish Shawl Nudibranch

So, I hooked up my new skimmer last night and set it at the "break in" level and planned on not seeing anything for a couple of days. To my joy and amazement, I woke up this morning to this....I am sure I will get darker stuff, but only 8 hours after turning this puppy on, it is already working great...just thought I would share!!

Oh, it is a Coralife Super Skimmer 65 on a 45gal tank. So far so good!! ;D

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. ibefishy

ibefishy Montipora Capricornis

The CSS skimmers get a bad rap from a lot of folks. But when you live on a tight budget as many do, they are a decent skimmer for the price. I used and still have the 125 version and used it for over a year with no complaints. The only reason I upgraded my skimmer was because I found a Euro Reef RS80 on Craigslist for $60. I kept my CSS though just in case I ever need a backup skimmer, or want to set up another tank.

4. OnefishTwofish

OnefishTwofish Feather Star

rbok,

Congratulations on the skimmer - and the extra bonus that it is working hard for you right out of the box. It is definitely a great feeling when something works out like that.

Who would have ever thought that icky slimy smelly stuff could get a person so elated?

Enjoy and may your skimmer cup always be full....just remember to empty it! :)

5. dreiling

dreiling Fire Shrimp

i have heard that they do work, its not a g4 skimmer but your not skimmer the monterey aquarium either

6. PharmrJohn

PharmrJohn The Dude

They are good little workhorses. I don't usually recommend them, as there are definitely better units out there.....but sometimes they dial in right away and work just like they are supposed to. Hang on to this one.......even if you upgrade......