yay! :)

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by starfish2217, Apr 18, 2012.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. starfish2217

starfish2217 Horrid Stonefish

My nem has split into three pieces :) each one is doing really well, they are driving me crazy though they won't stop moving around. Now I don't know what to do with them... how do I successfully remove them from the rocks without tearing them???

2. Click Here!

3. HollyG

HollyG Teardrop Maxima Clam

I probably would just chip that part of the rock off, than risk removing it.

4. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

I've been looking for a Rose Bubble tip everywhere and can't find one. What kind do you have?

5. mrsavage84

mrsavage84 Feather Duster

I've heard on here nems don't like direct flow from a power head and will release their foot and move away from the direct flow. I haven't tried if thou but sounds like a good way and it wouldn't harm them

6. Jason McKenzie

Jason McKenzie Super Moderator

Yes get them to move via direct flow. It does not have to be super strong. Then when they are on a rock that can easily be removed. Pull the rock and hold the rock over a bucket of tank water so that the anemone is in the water. So it's upside down. Using an ice cube gently rub it on the foot. It will drop off into the bucket.

1 person likes this.
  7. starfish2217

Its a green bubble tip!! if you want a rose bubble tip call jerry at reef on he will order you one! PM me for more info!

awesome thank you!! I will do that. Who knew. :)

8. Click Here!

9. cgarner

cgarner Skunk Shrimp

Pictures, pictures. PM coming.

10. starfish2217

I wish I could take pictures, the nems seem to be burrying themselves in the rockwork.. they keep moving its driving me insane..