Yasha Hase Acting Unusual!

Discussion in 'ASAP' started by Jesus, Apr 7, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Jesus

Jesus Flamingo Tongue

Hey guys i got a problem i think.

My yasha hase is out in the open swimming near the top of the tank. this is very unlike him. i have had him for about 9 months and he has never done this. i covered all the openings with thick layers of paper towel so he doesn't jump out. i also turned the lights off about an hour early to give him some cover. my tomini tang is being a ultra A$$ to him. ideas?

about 3 days ago i rearranged my rock work. maybe i accidentally smashed my pistol shrimp? i was careful not to mess with the rock they normally come out of when i feed the tank. would that cause him to leave the burrow? yesterday i added a pair of black ocellaris clowns, but they are very laid back. i haven't seen them do anything aggressive.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

2. Click Here!

3. BlueWaters10

BlueWaters10 Skunk Shrimp

Have you tested your params?

4. Jesus

Jesus Flamingo Tongue

lol should have mentioned that i did. sg was a little high @ 1.028 so i did a top off and it came down to 1.024. all other params seem to be in check. nothing out of ordinary. everyone else is acting normal.

5. RedGambit

RedGambit Giant Squid

Fish tend to swim to the top of the tank a lot and isolate themselves if there is a lack of oxygen or they are being bullied.

My guess would be that the tang is stressing out the goby and he is finding solitude in the top area of the tank.

My red velvet fairy wrasse was like that till I took out my Powder blue tang and gave him time to settle in before the achilles.