Yasha Goby/Pistol Shrimp Pair

Discussion in 'Inverts' started by TheSaltwaterGuy, Nov 22, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well I'm thinking about getting a yasha goby and pistol shrimp pair, like the title says. For those of you that saw my thread, I'm obviously going to do it after my RO/DI unit comes in and make sure that my tank gets back up on it's feet... or stand lol not funny XD. Anyway, I have 1 question that I need an answer for: if I put my hand in my tank and try moving the rock around, would the pistol shrimp try to "shoot" me? I really don't feel like getting my hand burned, especially at the temperature of the sun...... But I'm pretty sure a mantis shrimp's spear or punch is worse...

2. Click Here!

3. Sammy113

Sammy113 Astrea Snail

I don't think so. I've never heard of someone getting shot by the pistol. But you should try not to move the rocks too much cause you'll be destroying their house each time :) they're fun to watch. I want a pair as well but haven't seen them recently at my LFS. What's the price range on a shrimp/goby pair?

4. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Well for the yasha goby I believe it's 30-50 dollars, but at liveaquaria I think they have both at $70 WITHOUT shipping... I really hate shipping :cry:

5. vegastyle

vegastyle Astrea Snail

2 months with my pistol shrimp and no problems while moving rocks. Never even heard him "fire"

6. FaceOfDeceit

FaceOfDeceit Hockey Beard

ReefHotSpot has them for $60 + S&H. $50 for the goby alone.

7. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

k cool thanks!

8. Click Here!

9. TheSaltwaterGuy

TheSaltwaterGuy Banned

Oh ok thanks; that makes me feel better lol