Xtreme 160 Leg is off

Discussion in 'SWC Skimmers.com' started by Travis45, Apr 13, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

My Xtreme 160 showed up today one of the the white acrylic legs had fallen off. I just threw some acrylic glue on it and stuck it back together. Will that hold up with the vibrations of it running?

2. Click Here!

3. bje

bje Long-fin Bannerfish

Well grats on getting the skimmer, but I am sad to hear that the unit was damaged!

4. JJK

JJK Teardrop Maxima Clam

I would contact the seller and ask for a replacement as long as it arrived damaged. You didn't pay for broken equipment.

5. wfb2270

wfb2270 Corkscrew Tentacle Anemone

I had the same problem. I used PVC cement to re-attach it. Thar way I can use it while I wait for the replacement to come. I actualy got one replacement body already that also had a broken leg.
    Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16

6. Night-Rida

Night-Rida Finback Whale

I'd give the glue at least 24hrs to fully cure before using unit..

7. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

I used a really fast set acrylic glue on it. Let it set for about 3 hours, its not budging anymore.;D

8. Click Here!

9. xmetalfan99

xmetalfan99 Giant Squid

It can still release chemicals if it has not cured. Fast setting is not the same as curing.

10. coloradoReef

coloradoReef 3reef Sponsor

Travis45,
    This is frustrating! As wfb2270 said he has received them with a broken leg also. I check every one before they ship. I am sorry for your inconvinience with this. If you want another one shipped out just email me at [email protected] and we will take care of it.

Thanks,
    C.J.

11. Travis45

Travis45 Scooter Blennie

No problem C.J. Its back in the tank and skimming away. I put it in a test tank last night(20 gallon) to clean it up and make sure the pump ran well and it did! I pulled it out of the test tank and put in on my sump and its breaking on in. Thanks and your customer service was most appreciated on that offer of shipping a new one.

Loving the Skimmer,

Travis