Xenia seems ticked off!

Discussion in 'Soft Corals' started by cosmo, Dec 8, 2011.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

It was growing great now today it turned more purple and is staying closed up more! Lil hands aren't out saying high! Water parameters seem ok, nitrates were around 2-5ppm so I'm gonna do a water hange! Is this normal behavior or should I be lookin out for something!

Attached Files:

2. Click Here!

3. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

Mine went like this and stay this way for more then a month! the I started using reef roids (coral food) and that same day BOOM! It opened back up. Xenia is tricky thouogh It's either going to die, or grow like a weed.

4. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

just feed reefbugz a few days ago! BOOO! we will see what happens tomorrow!

5. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

whats the flow like? mine hates High flow and low flow, it has to be right in the middle(for me anyways)

6. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

Well I had it on the bottom of the tank, inwhat i would guess would be moderate flow! It came and went though, but had some good gusts, so i moved it higher tonight and out of some of the faster gusts!

7. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

yeah dont be too concerned like I said mine was down and out for an entire month! now its huge again lol give it some time, keep your params stable like I said some people just cant keep it, no one knows why!

8. Click Here!

9. cosmo

cosmo Giant Squid

It's little hands are all closed up! Hmmmmm!

Attached Files:

10. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

yeah thats exactly how mine looked almost like a ghostly pinkish white, and you pretty well couldnt see the hands on it

11. 55gfowlr

55gfowlr Zoanthid

I wouldn't fret too much. I had a thread of when I bought mine. Showed the growth through a whole month, then out of nowhere, it closed up like yours. Just keep in mind, as long as there is a foot, it will come back. If it actually dies you will know it (it will all melt away) keep it where it is, and give it time.

12. NanoMano

NanoMano Gigas Clam

+1 keep it stable like I said and leave the xenia be