Xenia Despaired

Discussion in 'Coral Health' started by Damsels R Cool, May 25, 2009.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Damsels R Cool

Damsels R Cool Millepora

I dont know what happend but my Xenia strated drooping one day and then the next day looked liked something was eating it, it had a long " l " shaped cut all the way up the stock so what would eat it or what do you guys think happened to it

2. Click Here!

3. chris adams

chris adams Purple Tang

4. jakeh24

jakeh24 Pajama Cardinal

it might just be falling apart thats what mine did
    packleader was telling me xenia is a weird coral in some tanks it thrives and in others it withers away

anyways it might be a cut though I'm just guessing.

any pics?

5. coral reefer

coral reefer Giant Squid

It doesn't like warm water temperatures and seems like it may be showing signs of melting, possibly!
    Xenia is a funny coral as one week it will look awesome and grow and spread like crazy, then one day you look and it has all but dissipated!

6. BaxterS80

BaxterS80 Pajama Cardinal

We had two very small frags of pulsing Xenia that grew like wildfire. It became a huge colony and started growing all over the tank. One day I realized the tank was much hotter then the thermometer was reading. We lost most of the colony. Some are started to grow again and pulse. Xenia, unlike most other corals prefer a higher amount of nitrates and a lower temp as already been stated..