Xbox 360 Kinect, Who's getting one!

Discussion in 'The Bucket' started by ComputerJohn, Oct 31, 2010.

to remove this notice and enjoy 3reef content with less ads. 3reef membership is free.

1. Seano Hermano

Seano Hermano Giant Squid

I think it's kinda dumb that they would even do that. Yes, cool, "now they have it too!" But it's been a few years... you're a little late, Michrosoft. lol.

They are pretty good at stealing people's ideas.

2. Click Here!

3. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

LOL.. Love the input from everyone.. Especially this one: "you're a little late, Michrosoft. lol. They are pretty good at stealing people's ideas"

How is this so? YOU ARE THE CONTROLLER!! Not a silly controller with a stupid glowing ball on the end, like the PS3 controller. Speaking of PS3, talk about copying ideas...

Let's face it, Microsoft is far from stupid. Nintendo & Sony would kill to have the Xbox Live revenue & speed. Microsoft already has the hardcore gamers, they want to add family gamers aka wii customers. The only thing, is that with the kinect it takes gaming to a whole new level. With kinect there are no controllers, no wires, let's face it. The next level is virtual reality & with the kinect, it's almost here. Instead of little JoJo pressing the A button and thinking "No one can beat me", He now has to get off his but & do it for real. "Oh, man this is hard.."

Don't worry, you'll see COD & HALO using the kinect. Why doesn't MS come out with a Bluray Player? Simple, Microsoft knows that with broadband speeds increasing daily, that days of using discs are going to be obsolete. They are already streaming with Netflix on Xbox Live & it streams VERY well!!

Just what has happened to CDs with MP3s, the DVDs & BluRays are going bye, bye to streaming.

So, who's really behind??

4. sostoudt

sostoudt Giant Squid

I bought some fish stuff so no money.

it could be fun if it was done right.

5. shecter

shecter Fire Shrimp

im spending my play money on black ops. lol

6. Renee@LionfishLair

Renee@LionfishLair 3reef Sponsor

I'm sure we are getting it.... we have 3 xboxes in the house. The family (except me) are addicted.

7. schackmel

schackmel Giant Squid

I saw Microsoft at a store, they had a display and allowing people to try it out. I am not sure if it was the way it was set up or what, but it seemed like a lot of people were having problems controlling the players. I watched 3 people try and it did not seem to be easily controlled. I am anxious to hear others!

8. Click Here!

9. nightster

nightster Pajama Cardinal

+1^
    I may get one after its been out for awhile, let'em work the kinks out before I spend my money.

10. crank2211

crank2211 Purple Spiny Lobster

Generally speaking, if you look back at Microsoft products, for the most part they're all a result of other companies' innovation. Going back to the first UI based Operating system (Apple/Xerox as far as I know, is credited with the first UI OS) - To Gaming systems (Nintendo, Atari, PlayStation, Sega were all on the scene before MS) - to Smartphones (Nokia/Symbian were the first). Generally, MS sees a new original product come to market and if they believe they can compete, will spin off it. In the case of the Kinect, I see it as sort of a cross of the PSEye and Wii motion control idea. Again, neither of which is an original idea by MS. They essentially took the Wii motion control idea, subtracted the dongle/controller and plopped a PSEye in front the TV. :p I would say Seano has a valid point.

I will admit though, it does open the door to some new content and a new way of gaming. It will be interesting to see how well it works and the quality of the games for it.

I Hope Not - It's not looking very promising quite yet :hehe:

An average family using the Kinect:
    [​IMG]

A hardcore xboxer:
    [​IMG]

And Just for fun;D

11. ZachB

ZachB Giant Squid

Waste of time, if you ask me.

12. ComputerJohn

ComputerJohn Panda Puffer

Here it is, picked it up this morning. I just won't be able to connect it til later on when get home fighting Boston traffic. Grrrrr!!!!

I'll let everyone know how it works.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk

[​IMG]